Thursday, 24 October 2013

Nearly there

Getting very excited and nervous now about the imminent exhibition. I have hanging equipment for 17 frames and the rest (16 of them) are cellophane wrapped with mounts. They are to be hung or attached with velcro strips to grey exhibition boards. The hanging equipment are screen hook anchors specially designed for the boards and I got them from a company called picturehanging.co.uk who were very efficient. We'll see how well it looks and functions soon!
I have also sorted out note cards, greetings cards, A3 ,A4 and A5 prints of some of the paintings to sell while there.
 The big Welsh Oak woodlands painting is finished now, what a labour of love! A whole year to complete. I think I like it but I am still waiting for a frame for it which has been promised to get to me tomorrow morning in time for setting up!
 
 
Lastly I have been painting a merlin falcon but I didn't manage to finish it for the exhibition so I've cropped it here.


9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the exhibition Claire! The falcon is beautiful as is!!:)))
    xxheidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Claire! Love the oak wood piece Good luck for the exhibition, I'm sure it will be a great success :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Claire - it's a mighty effort to plan and organise an exhibition.
    My very best wishes to you for the wonderful feedback you deserve and especially sales - your paintings are beautiful, I hope you post more about the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oak woodland year looks beautiful Claire. And I am sure people would enjoy seeing the amazing bird just as it is. Sending you good wishes, it will be fantastic and worthy of all your hard work. Very well done.
    Millyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, the set up has gone well so far and I will post some photos soon!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for the exhibition, Claire! I am sure your work will be well received--I only wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Janene, would be great if you could make it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of all luck with the Exhibition Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...