Thursday, 28 November 2013

Latest work in Progress

I've had a very stressful time of late with ongoing financial and health problems. Life has been a struggle some days and very emotional but I have managed to paint and draw still. It helps to blot out things, a kind of meditation or mindfulness, where you can live in the moment and forget future and past.
 While driving, I saw a beautiful autumn sycamore twig against the blue sky, all yellow and russet and glowing,so stopped the car to get the branch. Sycamores are a gorgeous tree in autumn one of the most colourful here I think along with red oaks.
  It is in gouache on a blue mount board for a change. I had to draw it quick as it was curling up a bit in the dry indoors but I love the way they curl and catch the light. The branch is dried up now but I made colour notes and took a photo in case the leaf colours changed too much.
Should be finished in the next few days.






 

6 comments:

  1. I really love your gouache work Claire, hope to try one day.
    These are really beautiful - the background emulating the sky so it looks even more lifelike.
    I am so sorry to hear of how you are feeling - I can relate to the meditational aspect of art and how it is a healing balm when life gets difficult. Hope things improve soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Clair,
    It's hard time for me too. This 2013 is to be forgotten. But you are brave and strong so........... Happy you are going on with your gouache. You know that I love it and I dream about to learn by you. May be it will happen!!!!! Houw nice could be to do it with Vicky and other girls , all together!!! ciao
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renata, 2013 has been a bad year for so many people I know too. 2014 will be so much better!
      Would be lovely to get painting together!

      Delete
  3. You and your work are so very exceptional Claire, you have an incredible talent and if I was rich I would own as much of your work as I could - you are also a very special person indeed. I'm so sorry to hear bad times are with you at the moment, very much love indeed to you and I hope better days are on the way for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you redbella, it is wonderful to receive your lovely comment, next year will be better! Xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...