Sunday, 3 November 2013

After Elan

 
The exhibition at Elan went very well and I met some lovely and interesting people. Not many sales but it wasn't about that for me, just being able to show the work and have people appreciate it is enough. I did a few simple and small demos of conkers, acorns and crab apples and have inspired a few people to have a go which is brilliant.
 
 
I was pleased that this painting was the most admired maybe because it was the biggest with so much to look at. I loved it being shown underneath an oak tree, that looked great. Also the gouache work was more popular with people than the botanical work but it does have more impact.
The hanging equipment I highly recommend if you need to hang on these boards; very easy to use and unobtrusive.
Not sure where I will exhibit next maybe at the SBA in Westminster next May and also at Elan again. I must find some more venues in Wales; I was given a few ideas by some lovely people too which I'll follow up.
 
Lastly I highly recommend you take a look at my friend Shevauns' new botanical blog. Her sketches are so exquisite and neat that they put mine to shame!! Beautiful work Shevaun xx


6 comments:

  1. A great achievement Claire, well done. Did you put out a visitors book for comments, I found mine the other day and it was really nice to read the comments about my work. And to hear people say you have inspired them, one girl told me she was going to start a nature journal, I had inspired her. Your work is beautiful, so much time to create it all.
    You should be extremely proud of your achievement , wish I had been able to see it. Millyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Milly, I wish you could have come over. I didn't see many people I knew there but it is very rural.
    I did put a visitor book out, it's a brilliant idea and it will be treasured. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful work there Claire and I am so pleased you will be exhibiting more next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Claire, glad you enjoyed the experience. I haven't done an exhibition for a few years now, but they were all good to do. Kenfig nature reserve is a great place to exhibit with lots of wildlife lovers visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paul, Great experience. I didn't know you could exhibit at kenfig.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...